Amazon Links

Friday, April 17, 2009

Slow Economy = Healthier Eating?


I hate to follow trends or borrow played-out sentiments, but I have to admit, although not homeless, I too have felt the effects of the slow economy. Followers of this blog will notice that my San Jose Food Review's have been few and far between this month. My dining partner and I have resovled to eating-in more often, at least 5 times per week. Contrary to recent articles, I think this it's healthier. Most of my reviews are on the lower end of the $$ scale anyway, but we have also tried to visit those establishments that are kind to the light-pocketed.

During these times, we tend to go with what we know; reliable eats such as Baja Fresh,
Red Robin, Erics Deli, La Milpa, have all been visited this month, each with great food and service as usual. In order to offset some of the losses of the downturn, I have began posting some of my collectible items on Ebay (a whole 'nother story, not appropriate for this audience!) that will hopefully bring in some extra $$ to fund future food adventures.

Stay positive!

-Tom W Tell

On a side note, I would love to hear your thoughts on
Foodbuzz, as I am considering joining this group, but it will mean some sacrifices on my end. Thanks foodies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here, let me know if you enjoyed the food!