Amazon Links

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Little Mad Fish is Fresh Fish


I have tried a lot of Japanese places around the south bay, and when my wife and I were at Pacific Commons in Fremont, we noticed a new little place, Little Mad Fish next to the fish taco place. We went in saw the familiar japanese/fremont, CA style decor. Nice, clean, subtle colors, and small, but adequately sized tables. I tried the chicken katsu with curry. I have never had (or heard of) that combintation before, and it tasted pretty much as it sounds. I liked it, but I think I prefer the usual BBQ-style dipping sauce over the curry. I had the standard deep-fried cali rolls, they were good, not great.
As with most of the places at Pacific Commons, this is mainly a lunch place, but it does have table service, so it is a step up from the other eateries around. Certainly a better experience than the other asian themed retaurant (PF Changs, skip it, go to Sunnyvale, see my previous blog entry for more info on that one). It is pretty cheap, and I guess you get what you pay for. What they lack in taste, is made up for in service. Our water and hot tea were always being refilled, and I like that. Hard to eat rice with a dry mouth. Had enough to take home for lunch the next day, and it tasted the same as it did the day before. That either means it was made really well, or loaded with oil (preservative).
If you are in the area, and need maki roll fix, check it out, but I wouldn't make a special trip for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here, let me know if you enjoyed the food!